Huntington Place is the 16th largest convention center in the United States. Built by the City of Detroit, it was originally opened in 1960 and named Cobo Hall in honor of former Detroit Mayor Albert E. Cobo (1950-1957). In 2009 the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority (DRCFA) was established by the state of Michigan and leased the facility from the City of Detroit to own and operate it for 33 years. The five-member Authority Board consists of one representative from each of five government agencies – the City of Detroit, State of Michigan and the three metro-Detroit counties of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb. In October 2010, the DRCFA awarded the contract for operations management of the facility to ASM Global, the world leader in venue management, marketing and development, who rebranded it Cobo Center, and revived the business to its current world class status. In 2019, the DRCFA awarded venue naming rights to TCF Bank, and in 2021 TCF Bank merged with Huntington Bank. Today, Huntington Place hosts conferences, conventions and tradeshows bringing 1.5 million visitors a year from across the globe to Detroit.